Become a Trust for Conservation Innovation Project
Is T4CI Right for Your Project?
Trust for Conservation Innovation (T4CI) projects have a firm commitment to the environment and an innovative, viable plan that will create real change and have a positive impact on the environment. If you are ready to move forward and carry out your vision, T4CI can help with the day-to-day administrative and financial aspects of managing your organization. See our services.
Download our one page printable summary (PDF format) that outlines T4CI Services and the benefits of working with us.
Step-by-Step Guide to Becoming a T4CI Project
If your project is right for T4CI, becoming a T4CI project is a straightforward, simple process. Our goal is to help you get moving and funded as quickly as possible.
- Step One: Determine eligibility. Knowing what you want to accomplish and how you are going to do it (and pay for it) is an important first step. This eligibility checklist will help you decide if you are ready to become a T4CI project. Your project should:
- Benefit the environment.
- Be philanthropic in purpose.
- Not already be a 501(c)(3) organization.
- Have a clear program mission and strategy.
- Have a fully developed project plan to fulfill your mission and a budget that supports your plan.
- Have a detailed, researched funding plan to raise the money you need for your budget.
- Step Two: Contact us. E-mail or call us to confirm that your project is in the scope of what we do.
- Phone: (415) 421-3774, extension 101
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Step Three: Apply. Download an application form, fill it out, and e-mail the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Step Four: Interview. Once we've reviewed your application, we'll call you to let you know if you've been selected to come in for an interview. The interview gives us the opportunity to understand the details of your project and get to know you a little better. You will be able to ask us questions to help you decide if you want T4CI to be your fiscal sponsor. If we both determine that it's a good match, we'll proceed to step five.
- Step Five: Board review. Our board will review your application and make a decision on whether or not to accept your project. Applications are considered on a rolling basis, not just when the board meets. We're flexible. Be sure to let us know if you need us to expedite your request to meet a funding-critical deadline.
- Step Six: Enter into our fiscal sponsorship agreement. We'll start providing support services immediately so you can focus on your program goals.